Thursday, March 18, 2010


So, this house(I'm convinced) never had a washing machine. There's a clothesline in the backyard, but there is no evidence of a washing machine or a dryer. That led me to believe that Opal(the better half of the duo before me) washed all the clothes by hand. Seriously? Who does that still? It's not like my house is from the 1800's, it was built in 1951!
So, that said, I had to figure out how to get this washer and dryer set up because I sure as hell wasn't washing clothes by hand and I'm not doing the laundromat thing. I'm a responsible adult now, right? So, I called concrete cutting companies to get estimates and they both came in at the same amount to cut an L in the floor from the utility room to the garage and remove the concrete - $1500!!!!! WHAT? NO! So, I decided to go the makeshift route and do some ghetto plumbing and make something work. PVC, a box and some PEX and voila! Ghetto washer! The dryer made it into the garage. New Mexico taught me plenty.
(This is how I wanted it to look)
This is how it turned out.

Posted by Posted by The Chez at 10:09 PM
Categories: Labels: , , , , ,

 

0 comments:

 
>