Sunday, February 21, 2010




Well, this was the house when I first saw it. It's all about vision, right?
Right. I even remember my realtor's daughter saying "Why would somebody
want to live here?"

The livingroom. That carpet was SO nasty! I know I lost a couple years of breathing due to that stuff.


The bigger bedroom where they built this huge closet. The doors were 3/4" solid plywood that were 8' tall.
The original bathroom. I couldn't wait to overhaul this sucker. The bath rules though, it's very deep!

The finished portion of the upstairs that I call "The Huntin' Lodge". Pretty interesting up there. Makes a great guest room/office. Note the carpet squares. They strategically placed 12"x 12" carpet squares everywhere over these gorgeous 6" Fir wood slat flooring. The unfinished portion of the attic. There's a lot I could do with this area. Unfortunately, that hobbit door to the right of the picture is the hindrance. The only way that could be changed is to raise the roof. There's about a 2' difference in the floors upstairs between the finished and unfinished portions because of a utility room. There's nothing I can do about that but go up. That would be MUCH later down the road unless anyone wants to give me $50,000.


The utility room with the original glass fuse system. If this stuff isn't grounded, it's got to go.
The utility room that's 2' below the rest of the main floor and below the Huntin Lodge. That big Abrams tank to the left is the oil furnace. All it needs is a front mounted cannon and I could take over Europe.


The garage. There was pegboard, lockers, shelves, storage, bread boxes, old wood, etc. It's small, I could maybe fit a Valiant in here, but it's good space. Lots of rafter space above.

Please note the wicked sliding door system the old man put in back in the day. Hiding behind that is a crazy map of Oregon from probably the 50's or 60's. I need to get that photographed and reprinted. It's super cool.

Posted by Posted by The Chez at 7:57 AM
Categories: Labels: , , , ,

 

0 comments:

 
>