Saturday, February 20, 2010





I decided to build a blog as to have others who don't have FB to be able to follow my boring ramblings about my house. That item that has enveloped my life for the last six months. I will work from the beginning of the house, before the projects and work out from there. So much has been done on this thing that it's hard to comprehend. The sickening part? It doesn't look all that different. A lot of it has just been updating a house that really didn't have much done to it since 1951. One set of owners. About the only things I think they did to the house was finish half of the upstairs and get a new water heater. Otherwise, I don't even know that they ever had the carpet cleaned. Yes, it was that bad. I had to do a lot of work prior to getting the loan approved. My realtor had to help me tear up carpet, paint, remove things just to get the underwriter to approve the place. Welcome to 2009.

My goal for this house is to keep it as true to the 50's as I can(no, no pink bathroom) yet update it to modern standards. Does that make any sense? I want to retain the charm but update things like wiring, insulation, efficiency, etc.. There's lots of neat little parts to this house and it packs a lot of space for how little space the abode takes up on the corner lot. Built ins, nooks, hidden storage, etc.. All in all, it is all going to make for a fun project.

Posted by Posted by The Chez at 9:40 AM
Categories: Labels: , ,

 

0 comments:

 
>