Saturday, September 10, 2011


I must say I am lucky to have ended up where I have landed. I bought in a neighborhood that is relatively non-descript by Portland standards. I have to say though that it's a little gem of a neighborhood. I don't say this because the houses are pristine and everyone has a green lawn and perfect rock paths. I say this because I know my neighbors and they know me. We all know names and kids and projects we're all working on. I get neighborhood history from the elders around me and know that we are making our own history while we're doing our projects. We help each other and offer assistance when we can.

How about you? Are you more of a community or are you insular within your neighborhood?

Posted by Posted by The Chez at 8:28 PM
Categories: Labels: , , , , ,

 

0 comments:

 
>